Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wonder Woman takes her life back- Take 2

I found a blog that I started and never finished saved in my drafts folder.  To be honest I had completely forgotten that I started to write it.  I started it in 2010.  It was not long after my father passed away and it was going to be about taking care of me.  I spent so much time taking care of others and dealing with family drama that I started to make myself sick.

It's not at all funny that we let ourselves get to that place. We fill our lives with obligations and we forget all those things that are so important to us.  We get tired and/or sick.  We get depressed.  We lose sight of who we are and what we believe in.  We forget what's important to us.


 In honor of that, I have compiled a list of my top 5 priorities in life.  Beyond that, I challenge you to examine your life closely and think about those things that truly make you happy, healthy, and whole What are your true priorities? 

6. Other responsibilities (Preschool Board, Neighborhood Council, HOA, etc.)
5.  Writing
4.  Important extended family- (My brothers, sister-in-law, nieces and nephews, my aunt and uncle, etc)
3.  My job 
2.  Daughter's health and happiness and husband's health and happiness
1.  My health and happiness

I must admit that the only reason my  job shows up so high on this list is that it pays for my health insurance, my mortgage, and my car.  If it were not for those three things that are fairly vital to survival I would have it much lower on the list. 

I should note that these do not include religious responsibilities as those don't even exist on the same playing field as the ones above.

No comments:

Post a Comment