Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What else will I miss?


Last night, Jess was feeding our daughter and she took the spoon away from him and fed herself. Apparently he was going too slow and she was anxious for more of her sweet potatoes. She's never fed herself before. She's taken the spoon to play with it, but she's never actually taken it to feed herself. A bit later, she was chillin' in her bouncer and she sat up. Jess looks away, he looks back, and she's sitting up instead of reclining. Again, something she's never done. And, where was I? In the shower because I have a stupid schedule I have to keep if I want to drive to work in the morning. When my daughter was born I promised her I would be there for her. Her life would not pass us by without me being there. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I wonder what else I will miss. Her first steps? Her first day of school? Her dance recital or soccer game? I can't be that parent who misses their kid's life because they're too busy working.

1 comment:

  1. have jess and the other that watch her when you are busy record her movements with a camcorder at least you get to see it even if it is second best to actually being there

    ReplyDelete