Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Done being Wonder Woman!!

I can't remember who it was I was talking to, but somebody told me I needed to take my life back. So, that's what I've decided to do. I am done carrying the emotional burden. I am done being the mediator. I am done being a mommy to two grown men. I am done putting other people first. I am done being Wonder Woman. And, it feels good.


This weekend, I spent time with my hubby and daughter. I visited my grandparents. I went to Build-a-bear and the Cheesecake factory as part of our annual V-Day celebration. I went to my Weight Watchers meeting. I visited my brother and his wife and I got to meet my 3 week-old niece. I went shopping, went to church, and got a massage. And, I slept in.


Not once did I go to my father's house. Not once did I worry about the estate and how my brothers were going to get along. I didn't play the mediator or the responsible sibling. I decided it's time for them to take responsibility for their share. It's time for them to step up and grow up.

Wonder Woman feels rejuvenated. She feels like a better mom, sister, granddaughter, and wife. She feels strong, empowered, rested, and much happier. She feels like Wonder Woman again.

No comments:

Post a Comment