Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I look beautiful; I feel beautiful.

With 1 more pound, I will have lost 150 lbs. from my maximum weight and 90 lbs. from surgery. That is a huge accomplishment. It's the first goal Dr. Billy set for me- informally. But, it's not my overall goal. At the very least, I want to lose 11 more pounds. Ideally, I would like to lose 26 more pounds.

The sad thing- the really sad thing- is that I don't look at those numbers and wonder how I got there. I know exactly how and why I got there. It all boils down to 1 fact. There were a whole lot of things that happened to me when I was younger that made me HATE myself as a person.

So what has all that weight loss gotten me? No more Diabetes, Sleep Apnea, PCOS symptoms, or Hypertension. It's given me a chance to take Physical Therapy to improve my knee pain. It's given me a better relationship with my hubby and made me a better mama.

I still have much work to do, but I am so proud of myself and thankful for the people around me. For the first time in my life I look beautiful; I feel beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment