Thursday, September 23, 2010

Toddler

So, my little cupcake is finally a toddler. It started about a month ago as I was getting ready to come back to school. We were visiting her day care provider and she was standing in front of me holding onto a chair. She put one foot in front of the other and then lunged forward. Her first step. Slowly it became 2-3 steps and then: PLOP. She lands on her behind. But, she kept getting back up and trying again. Then one evening I set her on the floor in the restroom and it's suddenly 8 steps in a row. For 3 days after that she didn't take any steps in front of me.

A few days ago, I took her to see my grandparents- or so my grandparents could see her because grandma's bed-ridden these days. But, she couldn't stop walking. She was showing off for them. It's like she was saying, "Look at what I can do." She'd take 10 or so steps abd then: PLOP. But, she got back up and did 10 more.

I can't begin to describe how this really makes me feel. I am so happy I have a daughter who doesn't give up just because she fell down once or twice. On the other hand, I'm not so sure I'm looking forward to raising such an independent child. In either case, my husband better get the house toddler proofed pretty quick- or we're headed for a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment