Thursday, August 15, 2013

Birthday parties

When I was little, my parents didn't have birthday parties for us.  Don't get me wrong, they tried to make the day special, but there was never anything really FANTASTIC that screamed, "We're celebrating!"  There was dinner, cake, ice cream, and a present.  The first thing I can remember that remotely resembled a party didn't happen until I was 13, and even then all the guests were family and not my friends.

I always wanted the kind of party where you invite all your friends.  That's why my daughter has had a pretty big party each of her three years.   It's easy to throw her a party because everybody loves her.  And, she generally loves everybody right back.  We've done cupcake themed at a friend's house, princesses at a pizza place, and rainbow theme at a park.

This year, it's Doc McStuffins at home.

What are we planning?  Check-ups of course.  Tiny Beanie Baby patients and dollar store doctor kits.  Flower headbands like the one Doc wears will be available for all the girls in addition to the fun and games too.  "Put-the-Band-aid on the Boo-Boo" and Doc McStuffins Hopscotch will help keep them entertained.

I'm as excited as she is even though it's still a month and a half away.  Far fewer invitations will go out this year, but there will be plenty of fun to be had with the friends who have already said they plan on coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment