Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Next Pending Baby Romero

Baby Jess will be coming later this year.

Okay, so this is a teaser for those who are anxiously awaiting the announcement of the next pending Baby Romero.  There isn't another tiny Baby Romero on the way.  And, to be honest, I am sick of all of you asking when he will get here.  There is no requirement to have multiple children.  There is no law against having only one child.

Why, you ask?  Not that I need to justify myself to you, but I'll humor you to get you off my back.  The laundry list of reasons is below.

1.  It's my body.  If I don't want to get pregnant and have another child, I don't have to. The government even tells us so.

2.  My back already hurts.  You think I want a 6 pound martian jumping on my Sciatic nerve making it hurt more?

3.  Money doesn't grow on trees. Seriously.  Do you know how much diapers, baby food, etc. costs?  For the amount that it costs to feed and cloth a baby for a couple months, I can spend a week on vacation somewhere like San Franciso.

4.  I like reading.  And, I don't mean I like reading "Pinkalicious" and "If You Give a Cat a Cupcake."  I like to read real books- which there is already barely enough time for given my job and my daughter.

5.  I dream of being Dr. Romero.  It takes hours and hours of time every week for several years to earn a Doctorate degree (which might actually make that money I need for baby number 2 grow on a tree.)  I don't want to wait until I'm 55 and ready to retire to be Dr. Romero.  That does me no good.

So, is there a chance that Sapphira will ever have a sibling?  Maybe.  Sometime in the future we may consider adopting a child.  However, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it if I were you.

No comments:

Post a Comment